|This seminar provides the essential skills to test efficiently
and effectively high-quality-value and reliable Embedded
In addition to test management, this workshop provides technical
and procedural practices. Through concrete exercises and examples
participants will be able to enhance their own projects.
Target group: Developers, Test engineers and Decision makers
Part 1: Overview "Testing Embedded Systems"
- What is an Embedded System?
- Important trends in the environment of Embedded Systems
- Significance and particularity of Embedded Systems Tests
Part 2: Development process (Lifecycle)
- Important software development processes for Embedded Systems
(V-model XT, Multiple Vmodel, concurrent V-model, W-model)
- Development of a test plan
- Capability maturity models
Part 3: Techniques of test
- Overview of test procedures (static and dynamic tests,
White-Box- and Black-Box-Tests, test levels)
- Risk analysis and risk management
- Security (FMEA and Fault Tree Analysis) and reliability
- Basis of test principles (Equivalence partitioning, Boundary
analyses, Specific value testing, Stress testing, Regression
testing, Random test, CRUD, etc.)
- Important test principles for Embedded Systems (State oriented
Test, Control flow oriented tests, Classification-Tree Method
(CTM), Evolutionary testing, Rare event testing, Fault seeding,
- Test coverage (Requirements coverage and C0, C1, C2/C3
- Software metrics and their interpretation
- MISRA rules
Part 4: Test environment
- Usage of test environments (MiL, SiL, PiL, HiL)
- Tools and testing automation
- Mocks, stubs & Co.
- Example: test environment for run time analysis
Part 5: Organizational Measures and Test
- Various roles of testers and setting up of a testing team
- Organizational structures
- Piloting and supervision of the test process
Testing of Embedded Systems
This seminar is available as inhouse workshop or as seminar
organised in hotels.
Please check here for seminars in English or in German.