9 September 2022
Static Code Analysis for Embedded Software
CodeSonar is GrammaTech´s flagship static analysis software. Able to analyze both source code and binary code, it is specifically designed for zero-tolerance defect environments. With its advanced static analysis engine, CodeSonar is one of the most effective tools for eliminating the most costly and hard-to-find software defects early in the application development lifecycle. Compared with other tools, CodeSonar identifies twice as many defects that result in system crashes, leaks, data races, memory corruptions and security vulnerabilities.
CodeSonar has performed best on several static analysis tool benchmarks in finding static memory, resource management, concurrency, and other defects.
CodeSonar enables teams to analyze complete applications, enabling you to take control of your software supply chain and eliminate the most costly and hard-to-find defects early in the application development lifecycle. CodeSonar extends team scalability, improves quality, and instills confidence.
If your company engineers safety-critical applications, it is indispensable to audit the reliability and safety of your software with CodeSonar.
CodeSonar – your advantages at a glance:
- Eliminate security vulnerabilities
- Detect and correct multicore / multithread flaw
- Audit code against coding standards and regulatory requirements
- Gain system understanding with application visualization
- Reduce the risk of shipping costly, defective, brand-damaging defects
- Increase code quality and transparency with customized reports
- Improve team scalability and efficiency
- Single, unified dataflow analysis that models the underlying computation of the entire program
- No need for multiple pattern-matching checkers
- More general symbolic execution that catches a broader range of problems and provides significantly better detection of defects
- Finds the most complex bugs, including bugs that follow new or unusual patterns
Certified by SGS TÜV Saar for use in the development of safety-critical software according to ISO 26262, IEC 61508 and EN 50128
In addition there is an online training for GrammaTech CodeSonar available. You have access to helpful webinars and tutorials 24 hours per day. The price for this training depends on the license and the amount of users. Please contact us for pricing.
To discover for yourself the effectiveness of this technology, please request a free evaluation.
YouTube Playlists (Link to YouTube)
CodeSonar 4 for Embedded Systems
CodeSonar for C/C++ (PDF, 1.5 MB)
CodeSonar for Java (PDF, 1.1 MB)
Automate the Verification of Your Code
CodeSonar for Java
Compliant to standards
CWE- and BSI-regulations
"Power of Ten" and JPL-regulations
How Static Code Analysis works