Tool specific news: Company Testwell CMT++/CMTJava Testwell CTC++ GrammaTech CodeSentry GrammaTech CodeSonar Imagix Events/Seminars ALL NEWS
Safety Package for Testwell CTC++ Code Coverage Analyzer Available
(Offenburg/Germany, 25 May 2023)A Safety Package for the Code Coverage Analyzer Testwell CTC++ is now available. In addition to the TÜV certificate, Testwell CTC++ customers receive supplementary documents such as a Safety Manual and access to the Known Bugs list. Via a subscription, the customer is actively informed about updates of the included documents.
Thanks to the Safety Package, Testwell CTC++ can be used in safety-critical software development without further qualification activities for all safety levels of the standards IEC 61508, ISO 26262, EN 50128 and IEC 62304. Learn more.
Imagix 4D Version 10.5.1 Available
(San Luis Obispo/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 23 May 2023)
Imagix 10.5.1 provides a checklist for AUTOSAR-C++ 2014 which specifies coding guidelines for the usage of the C++14 language as defined by ISO/IEC 14882:2014, in the safety-related and critical systems. The main application sector is automotive, but it can be used in other embedded application sectors. The Imagix checklist includes all rules defined by AUTOSAR.
Using the Imagix review feature guides the user in checking the rules and automates most computations. The rules requiring documentation by the user have no automated steps but ask to attach the documentation. Automated rules list all violations accurately as long as the project was analyzed without any errors and the code was complete. Rules that are partially or non-automated might still enumerate any potential locations and require human review to decide on concerns and violations. Check out the complete list of rules and their automation level.
Using AUTOSAR-C++ in Imagix requires the MISRA license extension.
Imagix 10.5.1 adds support for running some operations of the Review Tool through batch mode commands.
The new version also adds the ability to load source code into the tool through the Microsoft Visual Studio Build logfiles.
Imagix 4D 10.5.1 completes support for C++ 2022 and provides also some bugs fixes.
Testwell CTC++ Presentations @ Future Mobility Asia 2023 in Bangkok
(Bangkok/Thailand, Offenburg/Germany, 19 May 2023)Our Code Coverage Analyzer Testwell CTC++ attracted much attention at the trade show "Future Mobility Asia 2023" which was held from 17 to 19 May 2023 in Bangkok/Thailand.
The tool was presented by our south-east Asian distributor GOPALAM EMBEDDED SYSTEMS. Testwell CTC++ is the leading Code Coverage Analyzer for the development of embedded software. It analyzes for all coverage level required by the safety standard. The tool is certified by TÜV Süd for usage in safety related development.
Testwell CTC++ with improved IAR integration
(Offenburg/Germany, 28 April 2023)Verifysoft’s Code Coverage Analyzer Testwell CTC++ already got in its standard version numerous integrations, configurations and converter for a wide variety of customer environments. With version 6.12, an update of integration with the IAR Embedded Workbench has now been released. Furthermore, previous versions of Testwell CTC++ and IAR are also supported. Besides full support for Testwell CTC++'s new HTML report generator, the update also includes numerous improvements related to the latest IAR versions.
GrammaTech has released CodeSonar 7.3
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 11 April 2023)The focus of this releases was increasing our coverage for coding standards. CodeSonar now covers 100% of the MISRA C 2012 rules. We have improved and simplified our instructions for integrating CodeSonar with GitHub or GitLab, which will make it easier for our customers to adopt CodeSonar. Improvements to compiler models, support for the .NET7 framework and the latest versions of C and C++, and improvements to Hybrid Cloud round out the highlights of the release.
CodeSonar for Binaries is also refreshed. Being able to find errors in a program, without needing to look at the code that was used to build it.
Testwell CTC++ Version 10.0.1 Available
(Offenburg/Germany, 11 April 2023)Verifysoft has released version 10.0.1 of Testwell CTC++ Test Coverage Analyser.
This is a bug fix release only.
For more information, see the change documentation.
Embedded World Nuremberg: Highlights at Verifysoft
(Nuremberg, Offenburg, 22 March 2023)Verifysoft was with 10 people at the Embedded World in Nuremberg and showed first-class tools for increasing and securing software quality for embedded software.
We would like to thank the numerous visitors for the interesting discussions.
You can get an overview of the trade fair happenings and the highlights at our booth in our Trade fair video and on our trade fair review.
Verifysoft-Interview with Easy Engineering
(Bucharest/Romania, Offenburg/Germany, 20 March 2023)Easy Engineering has published an interview with Verifysoft Technology.
Verifysoft CEO Klaus Lambertz speaks about application areas for software testing tools, product news, market trends and future prospects.
Read here the complete interview.
TÜV Süd Certificate for the Code Coverage Analyzer Testwell CTC++
(Munich, Offenburg/Germany, 9 March 2023)The Testing Laboratory for Safety Components of TÜV SÜD Rail GmbH has certified that Testwell CTC++
- is suitable to be used in safety-related development according to IEC 61508:2010 for any SIL,
- is qualified to be used in a standard-compliant development process according to ISO 26262:2018 for any ASIL,
- is suitable to be used in safety-related software development according to EN 50128:2011/A2:2020 for any SIL,
- is suitable to be used in safety related development according to IEC 62304:2006+A1:2015 for any software safety class.
For further information regarding the usage of Testwell CTC++ in safety critical development, please do not hesitate to contact us.
GrammaTech CodeSentry v4.2 checks for over 2,300 new Vulnerabilities and 3,800 new Components
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 20 February 2023)GrammaTech is pleased to announce the availability of CodeSentry 4.2.
Highlights of the new release include:
- CodeSentry 4.2 makes it easy to search your software inventory for vulnerable open source packages with the new Component Search feature
- The new CodeSentry Dashboard provides a 'single pane of glass' overview of artifact scanning and results across the CodeSentry instance
- SBOM Edition is now available to deliver SBOM generation, component license, inventory and search capabilities
- Security Edition adds N-Day vulnerability detection and security attribute reporting
- Advanced Security edition expands vulnerability detection with 0-Day capabilities
- Over 2,300 new vulnerabilities and 3,800 new components are available in CodeSentry 4.2
- Vulnerabilities can now be exported from CodeSentry in the industry standard VEX (Vulnerability Exploitability Exchange) format
Imagix 4D version 10.5 with MISRA C++ Support Available
(San Luis Obispo/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 1 February 2023)
Imagix 10.5 provides a checklist for MISRA-C++ 2008, the current version of the standard for best practices in developing safety-related embedded electronic systems and other software-intensive applications in C++. It implements all rules except for chapter 14.
Using the Imagix review feature guides the user in checking the rules of MISRA-C++ and automates any computations. The rules requiring documentation by the user have no automated steps but ask to attach the documentation. The decidable rules list all violations accurately as long as the project was analyzed without any errors and the code was complete. Rules that are undecidable enumerate any potential locations and require human review to decide on concerns and violations. Using MISRA-C++ in Imagix requires the MISRA license extension.
Imagix 10.5 also adds support for loading data from source files located in directory paths using international character sets.
Testwell CTC++ integrated in Automation & Testing Suite
(Offenburg/Germany, 27 January 2023)The code coverage analyzer Testwell CTC++ is now also integrated in ATS (Automation & Testing Suite) from Schleissheimer GmbH. ATS (Automation & Testing Suite) supports all important areas of the testing process such as test management, test modeling, test execution, test evaluation and test documentation. A variety of possible tests can be run without real hardware.
ATS (Automation & Testing Suite) relies on Testwell CTC++ to measure Code Coverage (including MC/DC, function, statement and decision/branch coverage).
Testwell CTC++ has integrations with multiple tool chains, test environments and software quality tools, such as ATS, CATIA Systems - AUTOSAR Builder, Cygwin, dSpace SystemDesk and TargetLink, Imagix 4D, Jenkins, Lauterbach, MATLAB Simulin, PikeTec TPT, Silver Virtual ECU and TestWeaver, and SonarQube.
Recorded Webinar: What's New in Testwell CTC++ V. 10?
(Offenburg, 11 January 2023)Verifysoft recently released the new version 10.0 of its code coverage analyzer Testwell CTC++.
Testwell CTC++ 10 puts an emphasis on report generation: a new reporting tool, ctcreport, is responsible for template-based HTML report generation.
This and other innovations in version 10, such as the structure and functions of the new HTML report, improvements for header display, handling conditionally compiled code and ctclaunch for Linux for build integration, are the subject of our recorded webinar.
Verifysoft introduces Team-based licenses for Testwell CTC++
(Offenburg, 2 January 2023)In order to meet the requirements of modern software development processes and environments, Verifysoft now offers for Testwell CTC++ team-based licenses in addition to floating licences.
For dynamic, hybrid build and development environments, team-based licenses are issued granting the right to use the software within a dedicated team of a specified size. Technically, licenses are issued fitting to the build environment to ensure that the entire team can use Testwell CTC++ without technical restrictions.
Team-licenses are time-limited (usually one year), and the licensee commits to report about team size once per year.
The End-User Licenses Agreement has been updated accordingly (cf. Verifysoft End-User License Agreement for Testwell-Tools).
For further information please contact our sales team.
GrammaTech CodeSentry v4.1.2 checks for over 1,700 new Vulnerabilities
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 30 December 2022)GrammaTech is pleased to announce the availability of CodeSentry 4.1.2. GrammaTech moves to increase the frequency of vulnerability updates in the product in order to provide the most up-to-date vulnerability information to CodeSentry users.
Highlights of the new release include over 1,700 new vulnerabilities and 500 new components as well as updates to internal components.
Verifysoft continues to grow - Record revenue in 2022
(Offenburg, 23 December 2022)Verifysoft has again surpassed its previous sales record of 2021 and continued its success story. The main reason for this success is our Code Coverage Analyzer Testwell CTC++. Version 10 of Testwell CTC++ has recently been released with completely revised reporting. The tool is currently used with great success in 43 countries all over the world.
We would like to thank our customers for the trust they have placed in us, our partners for the good cooperation, and our team for their dedicated and goal-oriented work.
Verifysoft has been operating profitably and exclusively with equity for years.
GrammaTech has released version 7.2 of the Static Code Analyzer CodeSonar
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 23 December 2022)The focus of the 7.x family of releases was GrammaTech's UI modernization initiative. Version 7.2 now has dark mode in the CodeSonar hub.
New integration to one of the popular BI (business intelligence) tools, Qlik, has been added.
There are improvements to compiler models, support for the .NET6 C# framework and improvements to Hybrid Cloud round out the highlights of the release.
Thank you very much and all the best for 2023!
(Offenburg/Germany, 20 December 2022)We say "Thank you for your trust in 2022!" to our more then 700 customers in 43 countries.
Thanks to the very good cooperation with our customers and partners, we can look back on a very successful year in 2022.
We wish you peaceful holidays and for 2023 we wish you all the best, happiness, health and success!
Also in the coming year we will support you with your software projects as usual with commitment, competence and high-class test technologies.
Your Verifysoft Technology Team
Testwell CTC++ 10.0 with new HTML Reporting Available
(Offenburg, 16 December 2022)Verifysoft has released version 10.0 of Testwell CTC++. The new version of our leading code coverage analyzer is a major release and has completely new HTML reports.
The new HTML reports in modern design offer the following advantages:
- Easy navigation and compact design,
- Improved traceability of missing coverage,
- Adaptability to differently structured projects,
- better performance and simpler generation.
In addition to ctclaunch for Windows, which has already been available since 2020, ctclaunch for Linux has now been introduced. This allows direct integration with numerous build systems such as Make or CMake.
For further information, please have a look to the release notes.
You can get an introduction to the new features in our recorded webinar.
Testwell CTC++ is the leading code coverage tool for measuring test coverage on the host and on all (even the smallest) embedded targets. The tool can be used in safety-critical projects that need to be certified to DO-178C, ISO 26262, IEC 60880, IEC 61508, EN 50128, and other safety standards.
Proven verification process that simultaneously fulfils the standards IEC 61508, DIN EN 50128, EN 50567 and ISO25119 - Recorded Webinar Online
(Offenburg/Germany, 22 November 2022)
Selecting the right methods of Functional Safety Standards require a lot of experience. Martin Heininger (HEICON Global Engineering) shows during this recorded webinar how to proceed.
- When do you use static tests?
- Is a walkthrough more efficient and effective than an inspection?
- Why does only an integrated test strategy prevent a cost explosion?
- When does structural coverage measurement offer real added value?
Watch the recorded webinar here. By the way, you can find all our webniars on our website.
GrammaTech CodeSentry v4.1 Available
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 15 November 2022)Version v4.1 of the Binary Software Composition Analysis tool CodeSentry is now available.
Some highlights of the new release include:
- Over 4,700 new vulnerabilities can be reported by CodeSentry
- Improved component detection for PE and COFF binaries
- The accuracy of version detection of open source components found in DLLs has been improved
- CodeSentry deployments now can run in AWS GovCloud
- Several third-party open source components were updated
Verifysoft Team develops Company Mission Statement
(Offenburg/Germany, 8 November 2022)The entire Verifysoft team has developed its mission statement during a two-day workshop.
We have all agreed that a fair and respectful interaction within the team, with customers and business partners is essential for us. People are always the focus at Verifysoft.
Read now our complete company mission statement here.
Free Webinars with our distributor Lexington Soft:
Make Unit Testing & Code Coverage Part of Your Continuous Integration Flow
USA/India, Offenburg/Germany, 27 October 2022)These webinars will cover:
Need for Code Coverage as part of your Continuous Integration (CI) Pipeline
- How Code Coverage was deployed in one of the most challenging build/development environments?
- Metrics Management: Code Coverage as tool for giving management visibility into the quality of code being delivered
- ROI benefits of Code Coverage
- How to integrate Code-Coverage in your CI/CD workflow?
- How to measure Code-Coverage for your desktop and Embedded applications?
1. Thursday, 17th November 2022 at 14:30 p.m. IST (1hr session) for Indian region
For more information and registration click here!
2. Friday, 18th November 2022 at 12:00 p.m. EST (1hr session) for US region
For more information and registration click here!
Testwell CTC++ supports newest IAR versions
(Offenburg/Germany, 11 October 2022)Verifysoft’s Code Coverage Analyzer Testwell CTC++ already got in its standard version numerous integrations, configurations and converter for a wide variety of customer environments. The integration of the IAR Embedded Workbench is now also available for the latest generation of the Swedish IDE. IAR has made significant changes in the build process since the release of the versions 9.x. In cooperation with IAR, the necessary adjustments were made to provide seamless integration into their IDE with the latest versions of Testwell CTC++ and IAR Embedded Workbench, as well as to enable the measurement of code coverage in fully automated iarbuilds.
ISO 26262: Experience-based selection of software development measures and methods - Recorded Webinar Online
(Offenburg/Germany, 4 October 2022)Our webinar "ISO 26262 - Experience-based selection of software development measures and methods" with Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heininger (HEICON Global Engineering) is now available on our YouTube channel.
Martin Heininger has over 15 years of experience in the area of methods and processes for the development of safety-critical embedded systems. The webinar handles the following topics: Informal, semi-formal and formal notation principles, safety architecture principles, handling of coding guidelines, review/static analysis, unit, integration and system tests.
Watch the recorded webinar here. By the way, you can find all our webniars on our website
GrammaTech CodeSentry v4.0 Available
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 13 September 2022)Version v4.0 of the Binary Software Composition Analysis tool CodeSentry is now available.
CodeSentry v4.0 includes the following new features and enhancements:
New and Expanded Analysis Capabilities
- Support for open-source component detection in Mobile, Firmware, and Embedded software (a wide range of binaries are supported, including Android, iOS, VxWorks, QNX, Cisco and other popular embedded and firmware image formats)
- New support for binaries originating from C#, Go, and Java source code
- Expanded version detection to provide more accurate reporting of older and more vulnerable open-source components
- 11,000 new vulnerabilities have been added to the CodeSentry vulnerability database
- File system image formats such as ext2, ext3, VMDK and others can now be scanned
- The CodeSentry User Interface now has a Dark Mode option for easier viewing
- A summary of N-Day Findings is now available in the Detailed Vulnerability Report (PDF) to review the high-level security of detected components
- When uploading an artifact, the upload progress is now displayed in the UI
- The CodeSentry on-premise installer is now delivered via Replicated – this technology makes it even easier to deploy CodeSentry in an on-premise Kubernetes cluster or air-gapped network.
The complete release notes are available from GrammaTech's website.
GrammaTech CodeSonar 7.1 Available
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 9 September 2022)GrammaTech announces the general availability of CodeSonar version 7.1.
This release has several new features as well as numerous bug fixes, compatibility updates, and other minor improvements. The highlights are listed below; for more complete details, see the release notes at Grammatech web page.
Hybrid Cloud Deployment
- Provides greater deployment flexibility and efficiency.
- CodeSonar hub can now be hosted in a single-tenant AWS cloud instance within the GrammaTech Cloud, to securely support geographically distributed teams.
- Combines on-premises build with a CodeSonar hub hosted in the GrammaTech Cloud on AWS.
- Simplifies administrative tasks such as provisioning new users and instantly scaling up cloud resources to meet changes in code scanning needs.
- CodeSonar now has full support for Visual Studio Code. The GrammaTech extension, which will be available on the Microsoft Marketplace shortly, allows your engineers to connect securely to a hub, upload an analysis, or download, view, and work with warnings directly in the IDE.
- Support for the Tasking compiler on Linux.
- Upgrades to support the latest features of GCC 12 and LLVM 14.
- CodeSonar has added more code-style warnings for C# in addition to the deeper analysis it has always provided.
- The look-and-feel of the help system has been modernized.
- CodeSonar 7.1 includes the latest release of CodeSonar for Binaries.
Free trial licenses are available for companies which want to check possibilites to increase their development process and product quality.
Just for Run: Verifysoft at the Ortenau Running Night 2022
(Willstätt-Sand/Germany, 3 September 2022)Verifysoft runs for success. With the motto "Just for Run" we were represented with two teams at the Ortenau Running Night
in Willstätt-Sand at the beginning of September. Even if it wasn't enough for the podium this time: We had a lot of fun!
We are always on the medal positions with our software testing tools - so that our customers' software development runs smoothly.
Check our YouTube video.
Verifysoft assigns Gopalam Embedded Systems Pte Ltd. as Distributor for Singapore and South Eastern Asia
(Singapore, Offenburg/Germany, 13 July 2022)Verifysoft appointed Gopalam Embedded Systems Pte Ltd. as distributor for Testwell Tools for South Eastern Asia.
Gopalam Embedded Systems (GES) is based in Singapore and will serve our customers and prospectives in the ASEAN region (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam).
GES offers a wide range of highly integrated hardware and software embedded solutions from leading vendors across the world. The company supports the entire development life-cycle of embedded systems from design, development, debugging to verification and validation.
"We are excited to distribute Testwell CTC++, the leading Code Coverage Analyzer for embedded systems, in South Eastern Asia" state Mr. Gurunatham G.V. (CEO and president of GES) and Mrs. Pratibha Gopalam (Executive Director of GES). Klaus Lambertz, CEO of Verifysoft is convinced, that "GES is a perfect partner for expanding the usage of the Testwell tools in the ASEAN region".
More information about our distributors is available here.
With the bike to the job in the Eurodistrict / Au boulot à vélo: Verifysoft team drives more than 1000 kilometers!
(Offenburg/Germany, 28 June 2022)The challenge "Au Boulot à Vélo" was already launched in 2009 by the bicycle club CADR67 and the Eurometropole Strasbourg. The aim is to encourage the use of bicycles on the way to and from work - and of course to have fun together.
Since the Challenge 2022 became a cross-border event, Verifysoft has been involved. About a third of our employees will be pedaling harder in June than they already have done the months before. We hope to get in a good mileage despite numerous vacation absences, a trade show and a conference at the end of June. We've already had a lot of fun so far - and the cyclists come to the office with a lot of "positive energy".
Before the end of the Challenge, our team had already cycled over 1,000 kilometers on their way to work. We have had a lot of fun: check our YouTube video.
Embedded World: Many Visitors at the Verifysoft Booth
(Nuremberg/Germany, 23 June 2022)From June 21 to 23, 2022, Verifysoft informed numerous customers and interested people at our booth at Embedded World in Nuremberg about test and analysis tools as well as our seminar program.
After the "Corona break" we were very happy about the "business as usual".
More information is available on our web site and our Embedded World video
Software development and safety standards: webinars in the second half of 2022
(Offenburg/Germany, 23rd May 2022)Benefit from the practical experience of an established specialist in testing, certification and implementation of safety standards and register for our webinars in the second half of the year.
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heininger from HEICON Global Engineering, lectures on the following topics:
4th October 2022: Experience-based selection of software development measures and methods, which are required by ISO 26262. Information and registration
22nd November 2022: Proven verification process that simultaneously fulfils the standards IEC 61508, DIN EN 50128, EN 50567 and ISO 25119. Information and registration
GrammaTech CodeSentry v3.1 Available
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 2nd May 2022)Version v3.1 of the Binary Software Composition Analysis tool CodeSentry is now available.
CodeSentry v3.1 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Software Bill of Materials can now be exported in SPDX format,
- CycloneDX SBOM format exports now include License and Supplier (Vendor) information where available,
- Security Attributes Service scans and results are now available via the UI,
- Reports on binary security features such as ASLR, Stack Execution and more
- Enhanced Reports include new Scan Dashboard and Security Attributes Reporting
- Over 20,000 new and updated vulnerabilities including detection of the Log4Shell vulnerability
- Support for additional archive file formats
- ISO, ext4, SquashFS
GrammaTech CodeSonar 7.0 Available
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 27th April 2022)GrammaTech announces the availability of the static code analysis tool CodeSonar version 7.0.
There are many ways our customers use CodeSonar to validate complex systems, build secure systems, and certify critical infrastructure that cannot fail. We hear from our customers that CodeSonar is an essential component of their portfolio of tools and that they value the accuracy of our results.
This release adds new features to help customers realize even more value from CodeSonar:
- Hybrid SaaS Deployment (beta for select customers). This is the first step in our CodeSonar modernization plans and will help us serve customers supporting distributed development teams. This deployment model will be fully available for all customers in the in 7.1 release.
- Our Microsoft IDE plugin now supports Visual Studio 2022, the most recent version from Microsoft.
- We have improved how our Jenkins plugin handles reporting when there are multiple, concurrent builds taking place, and we have updated the GitHub plugin to support the most up-to-date schema.
- User roles and permissions are automatically populated in the Hub from a customer’s LDAP or SSO service. This is going to save tool administrators a lot of time.
- 7 new SEI CERT-C, 6 new CERT-CPP, and 4 new CWE rules.
- Support for Metrowerks ColdFire 6 compiler (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Improvements to how the IAR compiler reports results for built-in functions. We used to report the functions as undefined, which was problematic for some customers.
- Update the C/C++ parser to EDG version 6.3. EDG is a class-leading parser and we are running the latest version of it.
- We have added code-style warnings for C# in addition to the deeper analysis we have always provided and improved the warning messages to help your customers diagnose why a warning is being reported.
- The CWE and OWASP reports in the Hub are updated to the 2021 standards.
- CodeSonar 7.0 includes the latest release of CodeSonar for Binaries.
Verifysoft expands presence in China with Watertek as further Distributor
(Offenburg/Germany, Beijing/China, 12th April 2022)Verifysoft appointed Watertek as further distributor for Testwell CTC++ Test Coverage Analyser in China.
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Beijing, the company is focussed on embedded systems. Watertek became a public company in 2012 and has more than 3700 employees. Main branches are in Shanghai, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Xian and Hongkong.
“Testwell CTC++ is a leading code coverage analyzer with proven success for safety critical embedded software”, says Ms. Shen Fang from Watertek. “We are looking forward to a successful cooperation with Verifysoft.”
“We are excited to have Watertek as a strong partner in a country with high demand for software testing tools”, says Verifysoft-CEO Klaus Lambertz. “The Chinese market is very large, so that we need more presence in China in addition to our Beijing Siener Electronics, who is our distributor for China since 2016.”
More information about our distributors is available here.
Lithuanian Company Axioma Metering uses Testwell CTC++ to analyze Code Coverage
(Kaunas/Lithuania, Offenburg/Germany, 22nd March 2022)Axioma Metering develops and manufactures ultrasonic heat, water metering and data management. The company which is a part of ICOR Group (one of the largest corporate groups in the Baltic States) has choosen Testwell CTC++ for measuring Code Coverage.
With Axioma as its first customer in Lithuania, Testwell CTC++ is now successfully used by over 700 customers in 41 countries to improve code quality.
"For deeper and more complete testing without a tool analyzing code coverage, it is difficult to assess how fully the unit testing has been completed", states Povilas Jakavičius, Strategic Procurement Manager of Axioma. "For our meters we use multi-condition coverage for which Testwell CTC++ generates clear and informative reports".
Read the User testimonial here / Access to all user testimonials.
Testwell CTC++ 9.1.4 with macOS Support Available
(Offenburg/Germany, 18th March 2022)Verifysoft has released version 9.1.4 of Testwell CTC++ Test Coverage Analyser.
In addition to Windows and Linux, version 9.1.4 now supports macOS (Big Sur, Monterey) for x86_64 and arm64 (M1) architectures.
There are also some minor bug fixes. Learn more
Imagix 4D version 10.4 Available
(San Luis Obispo/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 8th March 2022)
Moreover, there are some further minor enhancements:
- Additional display option 'By Origin' for probes in reviews set as default.
- Displaying probes with entries from different files in the same window.
- Creating call graph from architecture includes members from selected or visible subsystems.
More details are available in the release notes.
Customers with valid maintenance can download the new version from Imagix website.
First Aid for Old Code
(Offenburg/Germany, 4th March 2022)Manufacturers must ensure the quality of their software throughout the entire lifecycle of a product. If new functions are added to older devices, but the documentation of the software is inadequate and no one really knows the old code anymore, this task becomes problematic.
Using medical device software as an example, our technical article describes a suitable procedure.
Read the article on our blog
Recorded Webinars about Code Coverage for Safety Critical Systems and Tool Qualifications Online
(Offenburg, 14th February 2022)The recorded webinars of our US/Indian distributor Lexingtonsoft about Testwell CTC++ / Code Coverage for Safety Critical Systems and of Dr. Oscar Slotosch (Validas AG, Munich) about Testwell CTC++ Tool Qualification are now online on our YouTube Channel.
The presentation of Oscar Slotosch, one of the leading specialists for Tool Chain Qualifications, handles also the difference between Qualification and Certification of tools.
White-Box Testing in safety-related Projects: Recorded Webinar Online
(Offenburg, 31st January 2022)Numerous participants at the webinar "White-Box Testing in safety-related Projects" with Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heininger with HEICON Global Engineering learned at the end of January about the five most important points for successful white-box testing in security-related projects:
- How are the expected functional test results determined?
- Which test methods are used to create normal range test cases?
- Which test methods are used to create robustness test cases?
- What role plays the structural source code coverage?
- How do you successfully and efficiently perform test reviews?
Missed the webinar? Have a look to the recorded webinar!
GrammaTech CodeSentry v3.0 Available
(Ithaca/USA, Offenburg/Germany, 25th January 2022)Version v3.0 of the Binary Software Composition Analysis tool CodeSentry is now available.
CodeSentry v3.0 includes the following enhancements:
- Enriched vulnerability information
- 8 new fields including links to patches, component upgrades, and remediation information
- Open Source Component Licenses (GPL, BSD, etc) are now reported with the associated license risk
- New Zero-Day Shallow Scan with faster scanning times
- New Security Attributes Service
- Reports on binary security features such as ASLR, Stack Execution and more
- Enhanced CodeSentry Portal featuring new Application Dashboard and Custom Report Generation
- Expanded Component Database with improved component version detection
- Audit Logging of system activity is now available
- Support for additional archive file formats
- MacOS DMG (Extended), .pax archives, symlinks in archives