22 April 2022
What are the different ways to get the instrumentation data of Testwell CTC++?
There are different ways how you can use Testwell CTC++ to measure code coverage on your embedded target.
One approach is to use our HOTA (Host-Target) Workflow where you can customize the provided runtime implementation according to the capabilities of your target.
The Host-Target Add-On called HOTA provides coverage measurement with Testwell CTC++ for (embedded) targets.
With HOTA, the following use case is supported:
- The source code is instrumented and compiled at the host using a cross-compiler for the target.
- The instrumented program is executed on the target.
- Execution counters have to be brought back to the host.
- The generation of coverage reports typically takes place at the host.
Essentially the HOTA package consists of a couple of well-commented C source files building the Testwell CTC++ run time. The files are "vanilla C" and compile with any decent C compiler.
Another approach is to use the Bitcov Workflow which keeps the counter data within application memory that will be dumped at any time using appropriate means.
Which way would be best in your setup can be elaborated during a free evaluation of Testwell CTC++.
More information about the approaches are available from our TESTWELL CTC++ HELP (linked from our Testwell CTC++ Product page).
Back to FAQ
- Support of all compilers/cross-compilers
- Support of all embedded targets and microcontrollers
- Analyses for all coverage levels up to MC/DC and MCC Coverage
- Compliant for safety critical development
- Tool Qualification Kit available
- Certified by TÜV Süd Rail GmbH
- Simplifies analysis of Penetration tests
- Support for C, C++, Java, and C#
- Performs Kernel Coverage
- Integrations in many tool chains and testing environments
- Broad platform support
- Works with all Unit Testing Tools
- Integrations in many IDEs
- Clear and meaningful reports
- Very easy to use
- Thousands of licenses succesfully in use for safety critical development
- Proven customer success
- Live-Presentations, Trainings and Online-Presentations
- Free evaluation licenses
Frequently Asked Questions